At Lingoda, we believe that language transforms lives.
Our mission is to empower even the busiest people to master a language and unlock their potential - anytime, anywhere. We are changing the way languages are learned, and are looking for a Teacher Manager Team Lead (m/f) to play a critical role in that change.
Teachers are the heart of our product. They teach the classes that help our students master the language.
You will be responsible to ensure a high-quality environment for our online classes by managing our team of Teacher Managers.
- Managing a small team of teacher managers (4 people), who themselves manage a team of +500 freelance teachers
- Scale and improve all processes related to teacher recruitment, teacher management and class quality management to support Lingodas exponential growth
- Continuously improving the Class Experience of our students through managing and overseeing all teacher processes
- Work closely together with our Product Department to ensure that 99% of classes happen
- Being the representative of the teacher department in all cross-functional projects of the company
- Lead and grow the team according to our mission and values
- Intensive controlling of numbers and deduction of appropriate measures
Your skills and experience
- Passion for team leadership and first experience in this area
- Experience in the language learning industry is a plus
- A sharp focus on your goals and a strong approach for achieving them
- Experience in working with Data and having a great understanding of Excel
- High energy and optimistic team-player with strong organizational and time management skills
- Solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset being able to think outside the box and find creative solutions to hiring people and scaling teacher operations
- Organizational and planning skills
- Ability to coach and develop people
- Excellent command of the English language - both writing and speaking
- Good command of the German language is a plus
Our offer to you
- The opportunity to be part of the future of language learning in a young and international team in Berlin
- Free language courses (German, English, Spanish, French)
- Regular working hours (Monday to Friday, 9am - 6pm)
- A nice Office in the center of Berlin
Would you like to be part of our team?
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV and cover letter), earliest start date as well as expected salary (brutto per year) at email@example.com