Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 700 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 85,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenia, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
What this job is about
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer who can help us in our Mission to build a sustainable power supply in Africa.
One of our challenges is to develop apps for areas with unstable connectivity. This means that apps need to be designed "Offline first". That way, users can stay productive regardless of the quality of the network at any given time - a requirement particularly when working in emerging markets.
As our new Android Developer, you improve our existing applications and bring, based on the feedback of the relevant stakeholders in our countries and in the headquarter, your ideas to life!
Together with the international mobile application team you:
- Define objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality
- Ensure excellent code quality and fast development
- Are responsible for the development and improvement of our internal mobile applications
- Design the API together with our Backend Developer team
- Design new features and apply testing methodologies
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in mobile development ideally in a start-up environment
- You care about clean code and maintainability
- You have an understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- You are familiar with the full mobile development life cycle and have a working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- You are confident in taking the responsibility of leading the development of an app from start to end
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world!
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills
- You have the willingness to travel frequently to our East-African subsidiaries
- Our complete software for our business like mobile applications, Backend and our Firmware are built inhouse!
- Our Apps are developed in an “Offline First” design - so that our employees can stay productive even with spotty connectivity
- We do code reviews
- We build in an MVP architecture
- Technologies at the core of our apps: RxJava, Realm, FCM, Retrofit, Dagger, AutoValue extentions, Android Job, OrmLite.
- Interest in learning Kotlin
You don't have to be familiar with all of these, but if you are - that's definitly a plus!
- Doing something meaningful - you´ll becoming part of an enterprise, that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies we support you with possibilities for participation on Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Nice benefit package – including company sponsored insurances, car-sharing arrangement etc.
- Be part of a great team of people – which share the same mindset to plug in the world!
- Flat hierarchies and unconventional ways of doing things - your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
How to apply
Important for us are your skills and your motivation rather than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal. if you have further questions don´t hesitate to contact: David Senftleben; Phone: +4930/ 9700 - 2556; e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org